The Center for Cultural Sociology at Bar Ilan University strives to be a national and international forum for networking and for exchange of knowledge and experiences between scholars in the field of cultural sociology.
Our researchers work in close cooperation with Yale University Center of Cultural Sociology. This includes collaboration on publications, sabbatical exchange of faculty and postdoctoral researchers, participation in workshops and conferences and guest lectures by visiting scholars.
Past international visitors include:
Robin Wagner-Pacifici (New School for Social Research
Iddo Tavory (New York University(
Shay Dromi (Harvard University(
Amir Goldberg (Stanford University(
Adam Horowitz (Stanford University)
Ido Yoav (University of Pennsylvania)
Noa Milman (University of Massachusetts, Amherst(
Undergraudate Internship, Jonas Ochsmann (Martin Luther Universität, Halle-Wittenberg, Germany)
project topic: Elite Philanthropy as Cultural Conundrum and Democratic Dilemma, hosted by Prof. Ilana Silber, Spring 2019.
Additional academic centers with similar interests include:
- Yale University Center of Cultural Sociology
- Thesis Eleven Centre for Cultural Sociology, Latrobe University, Australia
- The Center for Cultural Sociology, Linnaeus University, Sweden
- The Centre for the Study of Global Media and Democracy, Goldsmiths, University of London
- Research Program on Identity Cultures, Konstanz University, Germany
- Center for Cultural Sociology and Anthropology of Education,Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia
- Center for Cultural Sociology, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Last Updated Date : 04/03/2019